We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Highway Engineer to join our expanding multidisciplinary team in Manchester. Being employed by Waterman Aspen offers the opportunity to broaden your technical and professional expertise. The exciting diversity of projects can allow for rapid career progression for the driven employee.
- Undertake feasibility, preliminary and detailed highway design, including layout, alignment, cross-section, pavement, VRS, traffic signs and road markings.
- Prepare drawings and standard details corresponding to the numbered series in MCHW.
- Prepare specification appendices and bills of quantities in accordance with MCHW.
- Prepare pre-tender construction cost estimates, technical notes and reports.
- Engage with clients, contractors and stakeholders, and participate in project meetings.
- Comply with CDM and other H&S requirements.
- Extensive experience in highway design.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of DMRB, MCHW, MfS and CDM.
- Understanding of the road safety audit process.
- Competency in AutoCAD.
- Effective and appropriate communication, organisational and negotiation skills.
- CEng or IEng with an appropriate professional organisation, or demonstrable equivalent UK experience.
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to commute within the North West region.
- The legal right to work in the UK.
- Competency in Civil 3D.
- Experience with Active Travel Schemes.
- Knowledge of S38/S278 processes.
- Experience with NEC3/NEC4 contracts, e.g. preparation of works information / scope, project management and site supervision.
For the right applicant Waterman Aspen offers a generous salary package, with the opportunity to vastly broaden the range of technical and project management experience. As a permanent, salaried member of staff you will join a progressive company offering a company car (or allowance), a wide-ranging benefits package, a day off per year for Social Value and much more. This role is suited to applicants who are comfortable joining new teams and with the ability to develop a rapport with their client whilst working on secondment.
Waterman Aspen is a uniquely operating secondment company within the Highways and Transportation sector and offers a truly unique opportunity for career development and advancement. Waterman Aspen are an equal opportunities employer.