Waterman Aspen staff successfully manage all types of highways schemes from inception to construction, from smart motorways projects to public realm improvements and traffic calming schemes. We have considerable expertise in highways maintenance, supporting Highways England and their contractors on Asset Support Contracts throughout the UK.
Our bridges staff have extensive experience of the inspection, assessment, design and maintenance of bridges over roads, rivers, canals and railways. We have specialists with expertise in transport planning, highways development control, casualty reduction, speed limit reviews and road safety audits to HD19/03. Our drainage specialists carry out flood risk assessments and the design of sustainable urban drainage schemes. We have Project and Programme Managers helping deliver some of the UK’s largest infrastructure projects and we provide Commercial and Site Assurance services.
In total we support more than 70 Local Authorities and other public sector bodies, often working in partnership with other consultants.
A significant part of our business is carried out via frameworks and term commissions including:
- Birmingham City Council (in Partnership with Atkins) – Transportation Professional Services Framework
- Crawley Borough Council
- ESPO / PRO5
- Hampshire CC Strategic Partner Contract (in Partnership with Atkins)
- Highways England
- London Borough of Bexley
- Midlands Highways Alliance (in partnership with AECOM)
- North Lincolnshire Council
- Welsh Government
- West Midlands Highways Alliance (in Partnership with Atkins)