Location: Swindon, Bristol and Cardiff
Skill: Traffic Engineering
Salary: Dependent on Experience and Specialisms
Description: Traffic Technician / Engineer
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen provides Specialist Secondment Services through our salaried staff and specialist sub-consultants. We are a unique division of an International Engineering Consultancy. Our specialism is the employment of our own multi-disciplined staff providing our public sector clients and consultant partners with experienced technical staff throughout the UK. Our core offering is in the infrastructure sector although we also support clients in the environmental, water, buildings and rail sectors.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
Starting your career with Waterman Aspen as a Traffic Technician / Engineer will see you as a key member of the Traffic and Highways team with an input over your CPD and career development. The commitment we can make to you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a relevant professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach where you want to be (CEng, EngTech, Incorporated)
- Buy in from clients to assist in your Professional Progression to Incorporated/Chartership/EngTech
- Exposure to the Industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
Experience required for successful application…
- Experience within public sector
- Highways, traffic engineering and project management experience to independently undertake and manage schemes over the full project lifecycle, including scheme assessment and development, site supervision, budget/finance monitoring and control, consultation with stakeholders and relevant reporting procedures.
- Good level of technical expertise in the assessment and design of; road alignment, pavements, drainage, signing and lining, road safety and active travel schemes.
- Competency in the use of TSRGD, Traffic Signs Manual, Road Traffic Regulation Act, DMRB, Manual for Streets and other local authority standards.
- Relevant experience in design software such as CAD/Civils 3D/KeySign & KeyLine where appropriate.
- Good experience of contract documentation and their preparation.
- Educated to HNC / HND level in a Civil Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- A full UK driving license is essential
We have an attractive salary package for you to consider…
This position will offer a salary commensurate with your experience and skills and location. Here are some of the additional benefits:
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 25 days Annual Leave (you can buy up to 5 more days)
- Company contribution to your pension
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 Social Value day per year