Website Waterman Aspen
We currently have opportunities for Traffic Technicians and Engineers to join our expanding multidisciplinary team in the South West and South Wales region, specifically in and around Bristol and Cardiff. Being employed by Waterman Aspen offers the opportunity to broaden your technical and professional expertise. The exciting diversity of projects can allow for rapid career progression for the driven employee.
- Highways, traffic engineering and project management experience to independently undertake and manage schemes over the full project lifecycle, including scheme assessment and development, site supervision, budget/finance monitoring and control, consultation with stakeholders and relevant reporting procedures.
- Good level of technical expertise in the assessment and design of; road alignment, pavements, drainage, signing and lining, road safety and active travel schemes
- Competency in the use of TSRGD, Traffic Signs Manual, Road Traffic Regulation Act, DMRB, Manual for Streets and other local authority standards
- Relevant experience in design software such as CAD/Civils 3D/KeySign & KeyLine where appropriate
- Good experience of contract documentation and their preparation
- A relevant qualification HNC/HND or Degree in a Civil & Construction Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence
- Willingness to travel within the region if required
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Experience within a public sector organisation
- Ability to work unsupervised within your area of specialism (at the appropriate level)
For the right applicant Waterman Aspen offer a generous salary package, with the opportunity to vastly broaden the range of highway and construction schemes and projects that you will be involved with and responsible for. As a permanent, salaried member of staff you will join a progressive company offering a company car (or allowance) a wide ranging benefits package, a day off per year for Social Value and much more. This role is suited to applicants who are comfortable joining new teams and with the ability to develop a rapport with their client whilst working on secondment.
Waterman Aspen is a uniquely operating secondment company within the Highways & Transportation Engineering industry and offers a truly unique opportunity for career development and advancement. Waterman Aspen are an equal opportunities employer.