Website Waterman Aspen
Location: Guilden Sutton, Cheshire
Skills: Traffic Engineering, Traffic Sign Design, Traffic Regulation Orders
Salary: Dependent on experience
Description: Traffic Technician
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen is a consultancy that provides specialist secondment services to public and private sector clients. We are a unique division of an international engineering consultancy and we employ our own staff. We are a company of Technicians, Designers, Engineers, Consultants, Surveyors and Construction Managers, and we specialise in seconding our multidisciplinary technical staff to clients on short and long term placements. We work within all disciplines, covering the Highways and Transportation, Water, Land Property and Housing, Rail and Aviation sectors.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
Starting your career with Waterman Aspen will see you as a key member of the team with an input over your CPD and career development. The commitment we can make to you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your skills;
- Professional subscription to a relevant professional body of your choice;
- Career development and support to help you reach you professional goals (CEng, IEng, EngTech);
- Buy in from clients to assist in your professional progression;
- Exposure to the industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills.
Experience required for successful application…
We are seeking a Traffic Technician with experience in the design of traffic signs and road markings schemes; scoping and quoting processes in line with contractual requirements; development of programmes for signing, lining and resurfacing routine maintenance works; and dealing with customer service requests.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, KeyLINES and KeySIGN.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Traffic Signs Manual and TSRGD.
- Ability to produce traffic signs and road markings scheme designs
- Experience in developing signing strategies.
- Experience in introducing Traffic Regulation Orders.
- Experience in liaising and representing the employer at meetings with stakeholders, contractors, consultants and members of the public.
- Understanding of contractual processes and financial management, and ability to produce works packages for pricing and to check contractors’ submissions, e.g. bills of quantities.
- Effective and appropriate communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to respond and resolve customer enquiries in line with project timescales.
- Local Authority working experience or background in Local Authority projects.
- Conversant with Confirm for ordering works and services.
We have an attractive Salary Package for you to consider…
This position will offer a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience, skills and location, and additional benefits, including:
- Company Car or Car Allowance;
- Contribution to commuting mileage;
- Permanent Health Insurance;
- 25 days Annual Leave (in addition you can buy up to 5 more days);
- Company contribution to your pension;
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits;
- 1 Social Value Day per year.