Website Waterman Aspen
Location – Glasgow/Edinburgh
Type: – Permanent
Skill: Highway Design, 2D/3D road design, DMRB, TSRDG
Salary: Dependant on experience and specialisms
Description: Senior Roads Engineer / Roads Engineer
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen is a consultancy that provides Specialist Secondment Services to various clients. We are a unique division of an international engineering consultancy. Our specialism is employment of our own multi-disciplined staff providing our public sector clients and consultant partners with experienced technical staff throughout the UK. We cover civil and structural projects within the highways, rail, buildings, housing, airports and infrastructure markets.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
Starting your career with Waterman Aspen as a Senior Roads Engineer / Roads Engineer will see you as a key member of the civils and infrastructure team with an input over your CPD and career development. The commitment we can make to you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your skills.
- Professional subscription to a relevant professional body of your choice.
- Career development and support to reach where you want to be (CEng, IEng, EngTech)
- Buy in from clients to assist in your professional progression.
- Exposure to the industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and skills.
Experience required for successful application…
- UK experience within a public, private or third sector UK based client.
- AutoCAD is essential and Civil 3D or MX would also be advantageous.
- Knowledge and application of the TSRGD, DMRB and MCHW for design of minor / major highways schemes.
- Knowledge of micro drainage would be advantageous.
- Experience in taking a concept design through preliminary design and to detail design considering all aspects of buildability, such as, drainage, street lighting, VRS and other street furniture.
- Understanding and appreciation of CDM regulations.
- HND, HNC, BEng, MEng or equivalent in a relevant discipline would be an advantage
- A full UK driving license is essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate.
We have an attractive salary package for you to consider…
This position will offer a salary commensurate with your experience and skills and location. In addition, here are some of the additional benefits:
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 25 days Annual Leave (in addition you can buy up to 5 more days)
- Company contribution to your pension
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 Social Value day per year