Website Waterman Aspen
Role: Project Manager (Nuclear)
Salary: Dependent on Experience – Competitive
An Introduction to our unique company …
Waterman Aspen provides Specialist Secondment Services through our salaried staff and specialist sub-consultants. We are a unique division of an International Engineering Consultancy. Our specialism is the employment of our own multi-disciplined staff providing our public sector clients and consultant partners with experienced technical staff throughout the UK. Our core offering is in the infrastructure sector although we also support clients in the environmental, water, buildings and rail sectors.
Your career with Waterman Aspen …
Transitioning your career with Waterman Aspen as a Project Manager will see you as a key member of the team with an input over your CPD and career development. The commitment we can make to you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a relevant professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach where you want to be
- Exposure to the Industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
- Managing the overall nuclear operational and commercial aspects, delivering projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
- Leading on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality within the project.
- Delivering projects to the baseline schedule/cost and performance in line with project and business success criteria.
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Accountable for planning and monitoring the programme; including submitting/presenting regular Monthly Review Reports indicating any deviations and corrective action taken.
- Managing the Client Interface and associated management of the project including identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to these and responding to other issues that impact the project.
Skills / Experience required:
- Relevant nuclear experience in a similar high hazard / high integrity environment
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out
- High commercial awareness with a focus on cost management
- Knowledge of NEC contract management suite
- Defining project scope, goals, timelines, risks and contingency plans
- Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Project planning, monitoring and control
- Developing and delivering progress reports
- Monitoring project progress and reporting on site progress
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Ensuring safe and effective daily operations
- A full UK driving licence is desirable
We have an attractive Salary Package for you to consider…
This position will offer a salary commensurate with your experience and skills and location. In addition, here are some additional benefits.
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 25 days Annual Leave (you can buy up to 5 additional days)
- Company contribution to your pension
- Salary sacrifices to buy additional benefits
- 1 Social Value Day per year