Website Waterman Aspen
Skill: Highways Engineering
Salary: Dependent on Experience and Specialisms
Description: Highways Technician
An Introduction to our unique company …
Waterman Aspen provides Specialist Secondment Services through our salaried staff and specialist sub-consultants. We are a unique division of an International Engineering Consultancy. Our specialism is the employment of our own multi-disciplined staff providing our public sector clients and consultant partners with experienced technical staff throughout the UK. Our core offering is in the infrastructure sector although we also support clients in the environmental, water, buildings and rail sectors.
Your career with Waterman Aspen …
Starting your career with Waterman Aspen as a Highways Technician will see you as a key member of the North East team with an input over your CPD and career development. The commitment we can make to you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a relevant professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach where you want to be (EngTech, IEng or CEng)
- Buy in from clients to assist in your Professional Progression to achieve professional status
- Exposure to the Industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
Experience required for successful application
- UK Experience within a public, private or third sector UK based client
- Competency in the use of DMRB, MCHW, TSRGD and Design Standards.
- Principles and Design Support on highways, road safety and traffic calming, cycle infrastructure, controlled crossings, public realm, drainage, etc
- Experience of Stakeholder engagement, consultation, the legal process including Traffic Regulation Orders and Traffic Management is also beneficial
- Knowledge of Signing Design and Road Marking schemes
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budgeting, finance reporting, feasibility, project liaison.
- A full UK driving license is essential
- The Right to Work in the UK
- Relevant design software/CAD/Civils 3D
We have an attractive Salary Package for you to consider
This position will offer a Salary commensurate with your experience and skills and Location. In addition, here are some of the additional benefits.
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 25 days Annual Leave (you can buy up to 5 more days)
- Company contribution to your pension
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 Social Value day per year