Website Waterman Aspen
Skills: Feasibility, Preliminary and Detailed Highways Design
Salary: Dependent on experience
Description: Highways Engineer
An introduction to our unique company …
Waterman Aspen provides Specialist Secondment Services through our salaried staff and specialist sub-consultants. We are a unique division of an international engineering consultancy. Our specialism is the employment of our own multi-disciplined staff providing our public sector clients and consultant partners with experienced technical staff throughout the UK. Our core offering is in the infrastructure sector although we also support clients in the environmental, water, buildings and rail sectors.
- Feasibility, preliminary and detailed design of highway schemes, including 3D alignment, cross-section, pavement, VRS, road markings, junctions, pedestrian and cycle facilities.
- Preparation of construction drawings and standard details corresponding to the numbered series in MCHW.
- Preparation of contract specific numbered appendices and bills of quantities in accordance with MCHW.
- Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or near Incorporated with equivalent demonstrable UK experience.
- Competency in highway design using local and national standards, e.g. DMRB, MCHW, MfS, LTNs and Traffic Signs Manual.
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Civil 3D to undertake 2D and 3D alignment design of roads and junctions.
- Effective and appropriate communication and organisational skills.
- A full UK driving license is essential.
- Design and modelling of drainage systems using MicroDrainage.
- KeyLINES and KeySIGN.
- Design of Traffic Signs.
- Preparation of Traffic Regulation Orders.
- Experience with NEC3/NEC4 contracts and supervision of construction works.
Your career with Waterman Aspen …
Starting your career with Waterman Aspen as a NEC Project Manager will see you as a key member of the Traffic and Highways team with an input over your CPD and career development. The commitment we can make to you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a relevant professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach where you want to be (CEng, EngTech, Incorporated)
- Buy in from clients to assist in your Professional Progression to Incorporated/Chartership/EngTech
- Exposure to the Industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
We have an attractive Salary Package for you to consider
This position will offer a Salary commensurate with your experience and skills and Location. In addition, here are some of the additional benefits.
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 25 days Annual Leave (you can buy up to 5 more days)
- Company contribution to your pension
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 Social Value day per year