Website Waterman Aspen
Skill: Highways Engineering
Salary: Dependent on Experience and Specialisms
Description: Highways Engineer (all levels)
An Introduction to our unique company …
Waterman Aspen provides Specialist Secondment Services through our salaried staff and specialist sub-consultants. We are a unique division of an International Engineering Consultancy. Our specialism is the employment of our own multi-disciplined staff providing our public sector clients and consultant partners with experienced technical staff throughout the UK. Our core offering is in the infrastructure sector although we also support clients in the environmental, water, buildings and rail sectors.
Your career with Waterman Aspen …
Starting your career with Waterman Aspen as a Highways Engineer will see you as a key member of the Traffic and Highways team with an input over your CPD and career development. The commitment we can make to you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your skills;
- Opportunities to work on schemes from early conception, through detail design and delivery;
- Professional subscription to a relevant professional body of your choice;
- Career development and support to reach where you want to be (CEng, EngTech, Incorporated);
- Buy in from clients to assist in your Professional Progression to EngTech, IEng and CEng; and
- Exposure to the Industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills.
Experience required for successful application
- Use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D to design 2D and 3D to produce road alignments, junction designs and highway drainage independently;
- Production of drawings, calculations, reports and design documents;
- Knowledge of the implementation of the designers’ duties as required under CDM(2015);
- Coordination with project engineers, engineering technicians and senior team involved in scheme delivery;
- Liaison with internal Public Sector and external stakeholders;
- Identification and management of risks within your area of responsibility;
- UK Experience within a public UK based client
- Competency with the use TSRGD, DMRB and Local Design Standards.
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control.
- A full UK driving licence is desirable
We have an attractive Salary Package for you to consider
This position will offer a Salary commensurate with your experience and skills and Location. In addition, here are some of the additional benefits.
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 25 days Annual Leave (you can buy up to 5 more days)
- Company contribution to your pension
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 Social Value day per year