We currently have an opportunity for a Highways and Infrastructure Engineer to join our expanding multidisciplinary team in the West Midlands. Being employed by Waterman Aspen offers the opportunity to broaden your technical and professional expertise. The exciting diversity of projects can allow for rapid career progression for the driven employee.
- Experience of working on public, private or third sector infrastructure design projects, including highway and drainage design for residential, commercial or industrial developments.
- Experience of using design standards and guidance such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Manual of Contract for Highway Works (MCHW) and Manual for Streets.
- Experience of CAD software packages (e.g. AutoCAD).
- Understanding of Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations.
- A relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience in the UK.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Willingness to travel within the region if required.
- The legal right to work in the UK.
- Experience in using Bentley MX /OpenRoads or Civils 3D other industry standard software packages.
- Understanding of the NEC suite of contracts.
- Ability to work unsupervised within your area of specialism.
- Achieved or working towards professional membership/accreditation with a relevant professional body.
For the right applicant Waterman Aspen offer a generous salary package, with the opportunity to vastly broaden the range of Highway Engineering, Construction Supervision and Project management experience.
As a permanent, salaried member of staff you will join a progressive company offering a company car (or allowance) a wide-ranging benefits package, a day off per year for Social Value and much more. This role is suited to applicants who are comfortable joining new teams and with the ability to develop a rapport with their client whilst working on secondment.
Waterman Aspen is a uniquely operating secondment company within the Highways and Transportation industry and offers a truly unique opportunity for career development and advancement. Waterman Aspen are an equal opportunities employer.