Website Waterman Aspen
Skill: Feasibility, Preliminary and Detailed Highway Design
Salary: Dependent on Experience and Specialisms
Description: Highway Engineer
An Introduction to our unique company …
Waterman Aspen provides Specialist Secondment Services through our salaried staff and specialist sub-consultants. We are a unique division of an International Engineering Consultancy. Our specialism is the employment of our own multi-disciplined staff providing our public sector clients and consultant partners with experienced technical staff throughout the UK. Our core offering is in the infrastructure sector although we also support clients in the environmental, water, buildings and rail sectors.
Your career with Waterman Aspen …
Starting your career with Waterman Aspen as a Highway Engineer will see you as a key member of the team with an input over your CPD and career development. The commitment we can make to you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a relevant professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach where you want to be (CEng, EngTech, Incorporated)
- Buy in from clients to assist in your Professional Progression to Incorporated/Chartership/EngTech
- Exposure to the Industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
- Feasibility, preliminary and detailed design of highway schemes, including 3D alignment, cross-section, pavement, VRS, road markings, geometric layout of junctions and facilities for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Preparation of construction drawings and standard details corresponding to the numbered series in MCHW.
- Preparation of contract specific Numbered Appendices and Bill of Quantities in accordance with MCHW.
- 3 years working experience relevant to the role and job responsibilities listed above.
- Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or near Incorporated with equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant requirements, procedures and standards contained within DMRB, MCHW, MfS, LTNs and Traffic Signs Manual
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Civil 3D to undertake detailed 2D and 3D alignment design of roads and junctions and prepare design drawings.
- Effective and appropriate communication and organisational skills.
- Design and modelling of drainage systems using MicroDrainage.
- Design of Traffic Signs.
- Preparation of Traffic Regulation Orders.
- Experience with NEC3/NEC4 contracts and supervision of construction works.
We have an attractive Salary Package for you to consider
This position will offer a Salary commensurate with your experience and skills and Location. In addition, here are some of the additional benefits.
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 25 days Annual Leave (you can buy up to 5 more days)
- Company contribution to your pension
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 Social Value day per year