We currently have an opportunity for a Highway Drainage Engineer to join our expanding multidisciplinary team in the North West region. Being employed by Waterman Aspen offers the opportunity to broaden your technical and professional expertise. The exciting diversity of projects can allow for rapid career progression for the driven employee.
- UK Experience within a public, private or third sector UK based client, preferred experience working with highway and urban schemes, with particular focus on SUDS
- Knowledge and application of the TSRGD, DMRB and MCHW for design
- Experience using Microdrainage design software or similar is essential
- Understanding and appreciation of SUDS design including CIRIA design guidance
- Producing works packages and construction drawings
- HND, HNC, BEng, MEng or equivalent in a relevant discipline would be an advantage
- AutoCAD and Civils 3D design experience would also be advantageous
- A full UK driving license is essential
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to travel within the region if required
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Experience of Flood Risk Assessment report drafting, Causeway Flow Design experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of Traffic Signs Regulation and General Directions (TSRGD) and the Traffic Signs Manuals (TSM)
- Ability to work unsupervised within your area of specialism
- Achieved or working towards professional membership/accreditation with ICE / CIHT / other relevant Highway Industry body
For the right applicant Waterman Aspen offer a generous salary package. As a permanent, salaried member of staff you will join a progressive company offering a company car (or allowance) a wide ranging benefits package, a day off per year for Social Value and much more. This role is suited to applicants who are comfortable joining new teams and with the ability to develop a rapport with their client whilst working on secondment.
Waterman Aspen is a uniquely operating secondment company within the Traffic Engineering industry and offers a truly unique opportunity for career development and advancement. Waterman Aspen are an equal opportunities employer.