Website Waterman Aspen
Skills: Public Rights of Way, Definitive Map and Statement
Salary: Dependent on experience
Description: Public Rights of Way (PROW) Asset Management Officer
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen has been operating since 1988 and provides specialist secondment services to public and private sector clients. We are a unique division of an international engineering consultancy and specialise in providing technical and professional staff to clients on short and long term secondments. Our staff help clients manage peaks in workload, provide cover for periods of absence and to fill gaps when they need specialist expertise.
We also work with affiliated contract staff seeking to build a relationship for retaining ongoing long-term business together.
Experience required and principal responsibilities…
This vacancy is for an experienced Local Authority PROW Asset Management Officer and is available immediately. The principal responsibilities will include:
- Add new PROW to the Definitive Map and Statement, and manage diversions and stopping up.
- Develop, maintain and update PROW records and management systems (both paper and electronic including GIS) to ensure that accurate and up to date information is available to other staff and public, and that all statutory duties and procedures are complied with, including consolidation of Definitive Map, Statement and Legal Orders.
- Investigate and respond to planning consultations and searches, and collect, collate and analyse information to facilitate other research and investigation concerning modifications to the Definitive Map green space and rights of way statistics, enquiries, applications and legal orders, including where necessary site inspections and interviews with stakeholders.
- Monitor, examine and interpret changes in statute and guidance impacting on the functions of the green space team.
- Deal with general enquiries and provide technical and professional advice in respect of green space and rights of way issues.
Hourly rates will vary depending on experience and availability. This role will sit inside IR35.