Website Waterman Aspen
Location: West Midlands
Skills: Highway Engineering and Project Management including: Highway Design, Traffic Engineering, Transport Planning, Structures
Salary: Dependant on Experience and specialisms
Description: Current UK design skills required on either Highway, Bridge or Traffic and Transportation, to be based in Waterman Aspen’s West Midlands Region.
An Introduction to our unique company
Waterman Aspen provides Specialist Secondment Services. We are a unique division of an International Engineering Consultancy. Our specialism is employment of our own multi-disciplined staff providing our public sector clients and consultant partners with experienced technical staff throughout the UK. We cover civil and structural projects within the Highways, Rail, Buildings, Land Property& Housing, Airports and Infrastructure markets.
We have been successful in partnering with major consultancies and local authorities, providing unique supply of our Secondment staff. We have been involved in every iconic design in the UK in one form or another whether from junior staff input through to project management on delivery. We are seeking to grow and develop our business to sustain, manage and expand our business
Your career with Waterman Aspen
The Area Manager role is unique in that you carry out the management duties as well as continuing with your hands-on technical role.
Your dual role will see you building and developing business, recruiting and managing new staff,.
The mail duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Understanding and working towards Waterman Aspen Vision, Core Values and Mission.
- Proactive recruitment including vetting candidates and appraising suitability.
- Arranging, participating and running interviews.
- Business development including working to a Marketing Plan.
- Development of client lists and maintaining regular contact.
- Developing relationships with client managers.
- Staff management including staff welfare and assisting staff career progression.
- Annual staff progression reviews, planning training and career development.
If you are a focussed and committed professional working towards a professional qualification we would like to hear from you.
Starting your career with Waterman Aspen will see you as a key member of the team with an input over your CPD and career development. The commitment we can make to you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Hands on Experience managing and developing the Waterman Aspen business
- Excellent progression opportunities within the Management Team
- Professional subscription to a relevant professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach where you want to be (CEng, IEng, EngTech)
- Buy in from clients to assist in your Professional Progression
- Exposure to the Industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your Skills
Experience and Qualifications required for successful application
- Experienced in a UK Local Authority or Consultancy environment.
- Capacity for learning Business development, recruiting and commercial skills.
- Knowledge of local marketplace.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive outlook and enthusiastic attitude.
- Acting professionally and comfortable amongst seniors, peers and juniors.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and adept at fitting into client teams.
- Experience in, or aptitude for people management.
- Ambition to develop management skills and a quick learner.
- Good working experience in the use of Word and Excel.
- Adept at time management.
- Preferable – Educated to Degree or HNC level or have equivalent UK experience.
- Preferable – Membership of a relevant Institution.
- A full UK driving license is essential
The benefits offered by for the Area Manager role are:
- Basic Salary
- Life Assurance (Basic Salary x2) plus Permanent Health Insurance(salary protection),
- Employer’s auto-enrolment pension contribution from
- Company Car or cash allowance/annum
- Bonus Scheme
- Home Broadband
- Waterman Aspen will reimburse up to 2 x professional institution subscription per year