Website Waterman Aspen
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Skills: Highway Engineering and Project Management including: Highway Design, Traffic Engineering, Transport Planning, Structures
Salary: Competitive Salary
Description: Current UK design skills or Project Management required on either Highway, Bridge or Traffic and Transportation, to be based in Waterman Aspen’s West Midlands Region.
An Introduction to our unique company
Waterman Aspen provides Specialist Secondment Services. We are a unique division of an International Engineering Consultancy. Our specialism is employment of our own multi-disciplined staff providing our public sector clients and consultant partners with experienced technical staff throughout the UK. We cover civil and structural projects within the Highways, Rail, Buildings, Land Property& Housing, Aviation and Infrastructure markets.
We have been successful in partnering with major consultancies and local authorities, providing unique supply of our Secondment staff. We have been involved in every iconic design in the UK in one form or another whether from junior staff input through to project management on delivery. We are seeking to grow and develop our business to sustain, manage and expand our business
Your career with Waterman Aspen
The Area Manager role is unique in that you carry out the management duties as well as continuing with your hands-on technical role.
Your dual role will see you building and developing business, recruiting and managing new staff.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Proactive recruitment including vetting candidates and appraising suitability.
- Overseeing interviews and offers for potential new staff
- Business development of new clients including working to a strategic business plan
- Acting as Key Account Manager in managing existing client base
- Assisting Senior Management with Professional Service Frameworks and contracts
- Staff management including staff welfare and assisting staff career progression.
- Staff Mentoring, annual staff progression reviews, planning training and career development.
- Attending networking events, socials and CPD seminars
If you are a focused and committed professional, we would like to hear from you.
Starting your career with Waterman Aspen will see you as a key member of the team with an input over your CPD and career development. The commitment we can make to you in your career over the long term will include:
- Varied and interesting client base for you to apply and develop your technical skills
- Hands on experience managing and developing the Waterman Aspen business
- Excellent progression opportunities within the Management Team
- Career development and support to reach where you want to be (CEng, IEng, EngTech)
- Buy in from clients to assist in your Professional Progression
- Exposure to the Industry at large increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your Skills
Experience and Qualifications required for successful application
- Experienced in a public sector organisation or consultancy environment.
- Capacity for learning Business development, recruiting and commercial skills.
- Knowledge of local marketplace.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive outlook and enthusiastic attitude.
- Acting professionally and comfortable amongst seniors, peers and juniors.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and adept at fitting into client teams.
- Experience in, or aptitude for people management.
- Ambition to develop management skills and a quick learner.
- Good working experience in the use of Word and Excel.
- Adept at time management.
- Preferable – Educated to Degree or HNC level or have equivalent UK experience.
- Preferable – Membership of a relevant Institution.
- A full UK driving license is essential
The benefits offered for the Area Manager role are:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car or cash allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, (increasing incrementally up to 30 days)
- Opportunity to buy extra holiday
- Management Bonus Scheme
- Share Scheme
- Home Broadband contribution
- Commuting mileage and parking expenses
- Reimbursement of up to 2 x professional institution subscription per year
- Flexible and remote working arrangements
- Child Care voucher scheme
- Bike to Work scheme
- Active staff social calendar including family days out.
Waterman Aspen recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.