Name and role
I am Panos Kolokouris and I currently work as a Bridge Engineer within the Structures Team at Stirling Council. My projects have included bridge concrete repairs, full bridge refurbishments and replacement of safety barriers.
When did you join Waterman Aspen?
What does a typical day look like in your role or secondment?
- Internal Bridges Team meeting
- Call/meeting(s) with stakeholders and subcontractors
- Assisting with the management and supervision of sub-contractors
- Reviewing RAMS, Pre-Construction Information Packs and Construction Phase Plans in accordance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Updating structural records through the Client’s preferred structures management systems
- Undertaking design works to provide solutions based on a sound knowledge of engineering principles and on the guidance provided by the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highways Works (MCHW)
What’s the best thing about working for Waterman Aspen?
Waterman Aspen is a very good company to work for, providing varied types of work, great benefits and fun social events. The employees and managers have a very professional approach and provide clients with a great service. The managers are very approachable and give support when required.
What would you say to someone interested in a career in your role?
If someone were to follow my role, I would say that technical problems will come up on a daily basis that require critical thinking and knowledge of engineering principles to solve. You can also meet some fantastic, fun, engaging, knowledgeable people in this field that you can continue to learn from. There are also opportunities for me to mentor and pass on knowledge to the future generations.