Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location.
An Introduction to our unique company
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen
You’ll get all the benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a Traffic Engineer will see you as a key member of the North West team and you can expect:
- A varied client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach your professional goals (CEng, EngTech, Incorporated)
- Buy-in from clients to assist in your professional progression
- Further exposure to the industry – increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
- Current UK Experience within a public, private or third sector UK based client.
- Experience in progressing Traffic Regulation Orders
- Experience in producing Traffic Calming and Road Safety Schemes
- Understanding of Active Travel Design
- HND, HNC, BEng, MEng or equivalent in a relevant discipline would be an advantage
- AutoCAD experience and design experience would also be advantageous
- A full UK driving license is essential
- Good communication skills
- Competency with the use TSRGD and Design Standards.
- Knowledge and previous signing and lining schemes
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control
- Relevant design software/Autotrack/Civils 3D /where appropriate
- Writing of Committee Reports
IT skills required: Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, and
You’ll get this and so much more
A salary in line with your experience, skills and location along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (buy up to 5 more)
- Company pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 paid Waterman Aspen in the Community Day to volunteer in your local community