Site Engineer (Rail)
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
You’ll get several benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a Site Engineer will see you as a key member of the Rail, Aviation & Energy team.
- Previous experience on major civil engineering projects, including site management on rail/construction projects
- Experience in working with subcontractors to ensure the timely preparation of Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, Permits and Consents
- Capacity to coordinate construction works, apply effective planning methods and ensure that the latest issue drawings and project documents are used
- Experience in assisting Site Management teams to update KPI’s and progress reports and support Project and Engineering teams as required
- Ability to ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to safely and effectively carry out their duties
- Management of non-conformance reporting and managing the non-conformances on construction sites until complete
- Ability to ensure all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and that they are correctly recorded and managed
- Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related subject
- Eligibility to Work in the UK and a Full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering designs on major and complex projects
- Familiar with working on all stages of the project lifecycle, from early development and business case through to detailed design and construction
- Member of the ICE, IStructE, IMechE, IET or equivalent