Senior Flood Risk Engineer
Type: Contract, Salaried
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
You’ll get all the benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a Flood Risk Engineer will see you as a key member of the Water & Environment South team and you can expect:
- A varied client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach your professional goals (C.WEM, CEnv, CEng, CSci)
- Buy-in from clients to assist in your professional progression
- Further exposure to the industry – increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
- Experience of working within or with public sector bodies, such as the Environment Agency, Local Drainage Boards and Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFA).
- A good understanding of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) and knowledge of the statutory functions relating to surface water drainage systems to support local planning authorities.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, planning policy, best practice and design standards relating to SuDS and flood risk management.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders, such as Risk Management Authorities and developers to seek positive outcomes through development.
- Able to provide drainage and flood risk management advice from a regulatory perspective.
- Experience of working in Local Government
- A full UK driving licence
- Relevant hydraulic, GIS or hydrological software (e.g., Flood Modeller Pro/QGIS/FEH Handbook where appropriate)
You’ll get this and so much more…
A salary in line with your experience, skills and location along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (buy up to 5 more)
- Company pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 paid Waterman Aspen in the Community Day to volunteer in your local community