Edinburgh, Glasgow, Scotland
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark by working on some of the biggest infrastructure projects or in delivering professional services across the UK. We specialise in secondment services, providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time. Our diverse client base includes local authorities, consultancies, public bodies and construction companies.
We take pride in supporting our colleagues throughout their careers. We’re a people-centric organisation, placing mutual respect and dignity in the highest regard. This is reflected in our approach to issues such as mental health and wellbeing, family friendly policies, social value, and net zero. We’re a Disability Confident Employer and an accredited Real Living Wage Employer.
We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
You’ll get all the benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a Roads Engineer will see you as a key member of the Scottish team and you can expect:
- A varied client base where you can apply and develop your skills
- Buy-in from clients to assist in your technical progression
- Further exposure to your chosen industry – increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
- The flexibility to broaden your horizons with each new secondment, without changing your employer
- Career development and training to reach your professional or academic qualification goals supported by our own network of mentors and managers
- Paid subscription to a professional body of your choice
- Regular social events and volunteering opportunities
- UK experience within a public, private or third-sector UK-based client.
- HND, HNC, BEng, BSc, MEng or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Knowledge and application of the TSRGD, DMRB and MCHW for design of minor / major highways schemes.
- Experience in taking a concept design through preliminary design and to detail design considering all aspects of buildability, such as, drainage, street lighting, VRS and other street furniture.
- Good communication skills
- Experience using Civil3D or MX.
- Understanding and appreciation of CDM regulations.
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control.
- IEng or CEng.
- A full UK driving licence
You’ll get this and so much more…
As a salaried colleague, you’ll get a salary in line with your experience, skills and location along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (option to buy up to 5 more), in addition to the normal public holidays (based on a 40 hour week, pro rata for part-time colleagues)
- Company pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 paid Waterman Aspen in the Community Day to volunteer in your local community