Type: Permanent, Salaried
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
You’ll get all the benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a Project Manager will see you as a key member of the South Region team and you can expect:
- A varied client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach your professional goals (CEng, EngTech, Incorporated)
- Buy-in from clients to assist in your professional progression
- Further exposure to the industry – increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
- UK experience within a public or private sector organisation as a consultant or client project manager.
- Ability to lead building and/or infrastructure projects to successful outcomes through control of programme, resources, commercial and technical quality from initiation through to completion.
- Lead small project teams through delegation and management.
- Commercial awareness and proven success of working within strict budgetary controls, including the analysis and interpretation of financial information.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to prioritise workload to manage time effectively.
- Experience of working with project stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills and be able to deal effectively with members of staff at all levels as well as the public.
- Experience of preparing reports and correspondence, using research and information gathering techniques.
- Experienced in managing project processes including an understanding of procurement methods and contract administration requirements (preferably NEC3/4 and/or JCT).
- Willingness to travel within the region if required.
- The legal right to work in the UK.
- Appropriate professional project management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2) and/or membership of a professional body (e.g. APM).
- An awareness of relevant legislation and regulatory framework for environmental issues.
- Knowledge and familiarity of analysing scheduling software reports such as Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project.
- A full UK driving licence.
You’ll get this and so much more…
A salary in line with your experience, skills and location along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (buy up to 5 more)
- Company pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 paid Waterman Aspen in the Community Day to volunteer in your local community