Principal/Senior River Engineer
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
You’ll get all the benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a Principal/Senior River Engineer will see you as a key member of the Water and Environment South team and you can expect:
- A varied client base for you to apply and develop your skills.
- Professional subscription to a professional body of your choice.
- Career development and support to reach your professional goals (CEng, C.WEM, EngTech, Incorporated).
- Buy-in from clients to assist in your professional progression
- Further exposure to the industry – increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills.
- UK experience within a public, private or third-sector UK-based client.
- Degree in a related technical field (environmental / civil engineering) or equivalent experience, and be a member of an appropriate institution.
- Hands on design experience in flood risk management and river engineering projects, from inception through to detailed design.
- Good understanding and knowledge of design principles, techniques, policy, guidance and best practice.
- Experience with appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits and technical and business case reporting.
- Able to check and review calculations and technical deliverables.
- Chartered or working towards chartered status.
- Good communication skills.
- A full UK driving licence
- Relevant design software skills GIS Mapping, AutoCAD
You’ll get this and so much more…
A salary in line with your experience, skills and location along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (buy up to 5 more)
- Company pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 paid Waterman Aspen in the Community Day to volunteer in your local community