MicroStation CAD Technician (Rail)
Birmingham, London, Manchester, York
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
You’ll get several benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a MicroStation CAD Technician will see you as a key member of the Rail, Aviation & Energy team.
- Strong Bentley MicroStation CAD experience on rail infrastructure projects including 2D & 3D experience
- Rail experience and knowledge of CAD standards including Network Rail standards and procedures
- Knowledge of platform extensions, depots, lineside power supply, re-signalling and/or railway corridor works
- Experience in preparing drawings for ancillary civils equipment foundations, fencing designs, UTXs and cable trough routes
- Proficient in the regular use of ProjectWise and/or other document management software
- Able to produce CAD drawings & 3D Models with a high level of detail and within a BIM environment
- Strong experience in maintaining drawing records and ensuring accurate document control through checking of deliverables
- A collaborative approach to ensure that drawings and models are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related subject
- Eligibility to Work in the UK and a Full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering designs on major and complex projects
- Experience working on all stages of the project lifecycle, from early development and business case through to detailed design and construction
- Member of the ICE, IStructE, IMechE, IET or equivalent