Senior/Principal Hydraulic modeller
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location
An introduction to our unique company
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen
You’ll get all the benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a Senior/Principal Hydraulic Modeller will see you as a key member of the Water and Environment South team and you can expect:
- A varied client base for you to apply and develop your skills.
- Professional subscription to a professional body of your choice.
- Career development and support to reach your professional goals (C.WEM, CEnv, CSci, CEng).
- Buy-in from clients to assist in your professional progression
- Further exposure to the industry – increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills.
- UK experience within a public, private or third-sector UK-based clients
- Degree in a related technical field (Water/environmental/civil engineering) or equivalent experience
- Ability to demonstrate experience in leading technical inputs and project delivery for a range of modelling and flood risk management projects.
- A high level of expertise in:
- 1D-2D hydraulic modelling (e.g. InfoWorks ICM, HEC-RAS, Flood Modeller, ESTRY/TUFLOW)
- GIS and its use in hydraulic schematisation as well as results analysis
- Ability to build new and troubleshoot existing hydraulic models
- Ability to assess sensibility of results, calibrate models and improve confidence in the outputs
- Data requirements and routes of procurement for hydraulic model builds
- An understanding of:
- FEH hydrological analysis
- Other types of hydraulic modelling outside of primary expertise (e.g. network modelling)
- The structural/infrastructure implications of the hydraulic model outputs
- Demonstratable experience in the application of flood risk management legislation, planning policy and industry guidance
- Excellent ability to present professionally both verbally and in writing, conveying technical subject matter to a range of audiences
- Capability to organise and develop project work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working with a multidisciplinary team, liaising with clients, statutory authorities and other stakeholders
- Experience in providing technical training and mentoring to junior members of the team
- A full UK driving licence
- Chartered or working towards chartered status
- Experience in project management of flood risk or water related projects
- Relevant software skills GIS Mapping, AutoCAD
You’ll get this and so much more
A salary in line with your experience, skills and location along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (buy up to 5 more)
- Company pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 paid Waterman Aspen in the Community Day to volunteer in your local community