Highways Engineer with Active Travel
Cumbria, North West
Type: Contract, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark by working on some of the biggest infrastructure projects or in delivering professional services across the UK on a secondment basis. Our diverse client base includes local authorities, consultancies, public bodies and construction companies.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We’re a people-centric organisation, placing mutual respect and dignity in the highest regard. This is reflected in our approach to issues such as mental health and wellbeing, family friendly policies, social value, and net zero. We’re a Disability Confident Employer and an accredited Real Living Wage Employer.
We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
You’ll get all the benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as Highways Engineer with Active Travel will see you as a key member of the North West team and you can expect:
- A varied client base where you can apply and develop your skills
- Buy-in from clients to assist in your technical progression
- Further exposure to your chosen industry – increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
- Career development and training to reach your professional or academic qualification goals supported by our own network of mentors and managers
- Paid subscription to a professional body of your choice
- Experience with Active travel design with knowledge of LTN1/20.
- Ability to take schemes from feasibility to detail design.
- Current UK Experience within a public, private or third sector UK based client.
- HND, HNC, BEng, MEng or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- AutoCAD experience and design experience
- A full UK driving license is essential
- Good communication skills
- Competency with the use TSRGD and Design Standards.
- Experience of Traffic Regulation Orders
- Assist with construction queries
- Produce Health and Safety files.
- Able to input into the design associated documentation (eg Specification / risk assessments, quantities)
- Knowledge and previous signing and lining schemes
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control.
You’ll get this and so much more…
As a salaried colleague, you’ll get a salary in line with your experience, skills and location along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (option to buy up to 5 more), in addition to the normal public holidays (based on a 40 hour week, pro rata for part-time colleagues)
- Company pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 paid Waterman Aspen in the Community Day to volunteer in your local community