Geotechnical Engineer (Rail)
Birmingham, Manchester, York
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
You’ll get several benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a Geotechnical Engineer will see you as a key member of the Rail, Aviation & Energy team.
- Experience within the UK Rail industry on major and complex projects
- Proven experience in geotechnical design and construction, as well as a thorough understanding of UK ground conditions
- Geotechnical analysis and design experience for earthworks and structures, such as shallow and deep foundations, retaining walls, and slopes
- Ability to predict and analyse ground conditions, as well as create accurate ground models based on site investigation and desk study data
- Assist the team’s leadership in building stakeholder relationships, as well as contributing to the training and development of other team members
- Expertise in using Holebase, Slope/W, Wallap, Plaxis and/or Limit State
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related subject
- Eligibility to Work in the UK and a Full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering designs on major and complex projects
- Familiar with working on all stages of the project lifecycle, from early development and business case through to detailed design and construction
- Member of the ICE, IStructE or equivalent