Assistant Highways Engineer
Type: Contract, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location.
An introduction to our unique company
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen
You’ll get all the benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a Bridge Inspector will see you as a key member of the North West team and you can expect:
- A varied client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach your professional goals (CEng, EngTech, Incorporated)
- Buy-in from clients to assist in your professional progression
- Further exposure to the industry – increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
- Experience required
- Highway design experience (Trunk road or Local Authority) or an understanding of highways design
- Experience in design software such as AutoCAD 2D or Civil 3D
- Full UK driving licence
- Self motivated and can manage own workloads to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of DMRB and MCHW
- Involvment in scheme delivery
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle, including scheme delivery documents, construction documents and drawings, budget & finance control
- BEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent (HNC/HND in Civil Engineering)
You’ll get this and so much more
A salary in line with your experience, skills and location along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (buy up to 5 more)
- Company pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 paid Waterman Aspen in the Community Day to volunteer in your local community