Area Manager – North West
Salary: Dependent on experience, skills and location.
An Introduction to our unique company
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen
You’ll get all the benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as a Area Manager will see you as a key member of the North West team and you can expect:
- A varied client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach your professional goals (CEng, EngTech, Incorporated)
- Buy-in from clients to assist in your professional progression
- Further exposure to the industry – increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
- Experience within the Civil and Infrastructure sectors, in a UK consultancy, Transport Authority or Local Authority.
- HNC, HND, BEng, BSc, MEng, MSc or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline
- The desire to be actively involved in the business development of clients, and the identification, recruitment and interviewing of new technical staff
- Strong time management, people management and organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with multiple stakeholders
- A professional approach amongst peers and colleagues
- Ambition to develop management and business development skills.
- Eligibility to work in the UK and a full UK driving licence
- Previous experience of client engagement and development of business relationships
- Commercial awareness, understanding of costs/finance and market trends
- A strong professional network within the industry
- Experience in attending networking events and industry related conferences
- Professional Qualifications I.Eng or C.Eng.
You’ll get this and so much more…
A salary in line with your experience, skills and location along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (buy up to 5 more)
- Company pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 paid Waterman Aspen in the Community Day to volunteer in your local community