Airport Civil Engineer
Salary: Dependent on experience and skills
An introduction to our unique company…
Waterman Aspen welcomes engineers and technical specialists to make their mark on some of the biggest infrastructure projects across the UK on a secondment basis.
We specialise in providing the right people, with the right skills for the job, at the right time – for as long as our clients need them.
We are proud of how much we value and support our colleagues – taking people from the very start of their careers to Chartered status and beyond. We have big ambitions for the future, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
Your career with Waterman Aspen…
You’ll get all the benefits of being employed by us, while working on a variety of projects for our clients. Joining Waterman Aspen as an Airport Civil Engineer will see you as a key member of the Aviation team and you can expect:
- A varied client base for you to apply and develop your skills
- Professional subscription to a professional body of your choice
- Career development and support to reach your professional goals (CEng, EngTech, Incorporated)
- Buy-in from clients to assist in your professional progression
- Further exposure to the industry – increasing your awareness, knowledge and sharpening your skills
- Degree qualified Chartered Civil Engineer.
- Experienced in airfield engineering design or complex highways designs with ability to apply airfield knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of airfield or bespoke pavement design, materials specification and maintenance including principles and application of UK and international pavement design methods.
- Application of EASA, CAA, ICAO, and UK Airport operator standards and design requirements.
- Proven track record in co-ordinating and delivering design solutions on time and to budget.
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations).
- Working knowledge of the Heathrow, Gatwick and DIO airports technical requirements and design processes would be an advantage.
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control.
- A full UK driving licence
- Relevant design software/CAD/Civils 3D skills where appropriate
- Experience of how to manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverable.
- Experience in developing client relationships and work winning activities.
You’ll get this and so much more…
A salary in line with your experience, skills and location along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contribution to commuting mileage
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days annual leave (buy up to 5 more)
- Company pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice to buy additional benefits
- 1 paid Waterman Aspen in the Community Day to volunteer in your local community